Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rain Rain Go AWAY!

I live in the Pacific Northwest and our weather this week has been CRAZY!

Beginning on Sunday we had dumping rain, moments of  snow and rain mixed  and a bit of hail. As the night approached the winds picked up. Monday the winds were destructive! Huge trees snapped in half, street signs knocked down, our basketball hoop blown over, and MUCH more. Add to the wind...more RAIN. Monday night, early Tuesday morning we had SNOW which as it warmed up turned back to .... more RAIN!

Yesterday...RAIN! Today...DUMPING RAIN!

I know with living in the NW rain is expected but we usually don't have this kind of rain at this time and what's making it worse is the temperatures are COLD, much colder than normal.

In TWO days time, exactly at this same time, I'll be lining up with my daughters and, who knows how many, strangers to walk/jog my first official 5K. As I look outside my window it is dark, gray, WINDY, and, yes, DUMPING RAIN! The weather for Saturday shows more showers, no sun and a low of 37.

Never being an outdoor adventurous girl (I got up to 325 from staying inside with hot cocoa, donuts, candy and a good book on these kind of days NOT doing a 5k) I don't have the right gear!

I'll make do. I'll be cold, I'll be wet but I will DO IT!!! I'm sure after experiencing it I'll be on the hunt to find weather appropriate workout clothes.

If you have knowledge in this department PLEASE share!

No comments:

Post a Comment