It's a good thing I committed to my kids and my daycare mom that I was taking the kids to the pool today or else I WOULDN'T have done it!!!
I dug out my swimsuit, shaved off the winter growth from my legs and DID IT!
We had a great time!
The pool has various depths and activities. I kept the three youngest (4,3,1) in the one foot area with slides, dumping buckets and other fun things. I got my workout in! The one year old didn't want to walk in the water so I ended up carrying him most of the time for the first hour. His sister, the 3yo, was all OVER the place! I felt like I spent most of my time chasing her down.
Normally when I go to a pool I can hurry from the changing room and get into the pool where I can hide my largeness and fat. Well at this pool it was all out for everyone to see. Standing in one foot of water doesn't hide much. But I didn't allow myself to dwell on it. I told myself I was there to have fun and I deserved to be there and have fun as much as the skinny bikini clad moms did.
I'm hoping that taking that step will help me come out of my funk. I can feel the desire to make a full comeback cracking open. I think it's still something I'll have to force open with my actions. I think right now the action will have to come before the desire!
I'm so sorry you've been in a funk lately.... I know this lousy weather does not help. I really hope you can shake it and get back into the groove! You have been doing AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pool sounds like fun, good for you!
ReplyDeleteYou can do this! One day at a time!!
I've had to really let go of my swimsuit insecurity since moving here where we're typically in the water multiple times a month. It was SO hard for me to not compare myself to others in the beginning, but I had to learn that my insecurity was no good for my kids and just getting out there playing with them and creating memories was a lot more important than hiding my body. That said, I truly look forward to the day when I can strut my stuff on the beach with my head held high because I will have reached my goal weight LOL.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! I won't be running the full 10K on Saturday. I'll do run/walk intervals the way I've been training for a 5K, just double the distance hehehe. I'm planning to RUN my first 5K on April 14th. I'm excited and nervous all at once. I participated in my first official 5K race in January and it was a pretty powerful experience. You can read about it on my blog if you want :) http://droppingtheplus.blogspot.com/2012/01/oo-rah.html
CONGRATS to you for participating in your first 5K this month!!! I'm going to go find your entry about it and read your experience :)
Woo hoo! Trying on the swimsuit is a big deal! Great job!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you went swimming! I have always had a problem with public pools and self consciousness. One of my goals is to wear a two piece bathing suit this summer! I am sooo not ready for this, but I wonder if I ever would be?!? I'm so glad you checked up on your blog, I can't wait to learn more about you!
ReplyDelete