Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy EARLY Birthday To ME!!!

At the beginning of this journey, for 2012, I had set the goal for me to no longer be Morbidly Obese by my 45th birthday (March 21st). To do so my BMI needed to be 39.99 or lower. Starting on January 3rd, with a weight of 317, (all time high 325) my BMI was 44.21. To get out of the Morbidly Obese classification I had to lose 31lbs.

Well, as of this morning I DID IT! I weighed in at 285.6 A total pounds gone of 31.4 My BMI is currently 39.83

I'm still in the Obese category, Class 2 but that WILL change too. To get into the Class 1 Obese range I have to lose 35.6. That will happen this summer!

On to another note, a NON Scale Victory. Yesterday, being Saturday, I decided to try a longer workout on my treadmill. I watched an old episode of Biggest Loser. The online program said it was 1 hr and 25 minutes. I've walked for 60 minutes before so felt confident I could add another 25 minutes to my workout. (I did lower my incline to a 2).

It was quite the workout. My cardio and lungs seemed to be fine but my hip area and feet were the problems. I think for long workouts I need to find better socks. No aches today so I know I didn't overdo it. But as I stayed committed to working out until my show was over I ended up walking 96 minutes. Hmmm, maybe the little commercials they throw in weren't counted towards the 85 that were listed. According to my treadmill I walked 5.1 miles in that time. I kept my pace mostly at 3.1 with a few moments of higher (actually jogged for just one minute at 3.8).

I'm excited to see how much stronger and healthier I can become. Yesterday, 5.1 miles a few months from now? A Half-Marathon? Who knows.

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiration! I wont be surprised at all when I read about you doing a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete