Yesterday started out as a great day!
I do daycare, 3 kids from two different families. One family texted saying their two kids would be staying home to get over a cold. The other family texted saying that due to a huge storm we had and trees falling in their neighborhood they decided to drive to their in-laws an hour away and stay there. What was going to be a busy day ended up looking pretty calm. Just me and my 4yo, Hannah-Kate, while the older kids were at school.
Since I'm doing my first 5k on Saturday I didn't want to do any huge workout this week. I got on the treadmill and ended up doing 2.5 miles. Then, still in the morning hours, I received an e-mail that threw some stress onto my day. In the past any stress would lead me directly to food! This time, since I didn't have extra kids, I went back out to the treadmill and was able to get another workout in. I actually ended up doing a 5k during this workout session. I actually walked at a 3.5mph and was able to get a little jog in at 4.0 and at 4.2! Wow, 5.6 miles in for my day, I was feeling great!
My day got busier as I got a phone call from the school, at 1:45, saying my 8yo son was sick. I ran and picked him up, then had to head to the high school to pick up my 15 and 17 yo sons. My middle-school-aged daughters came home 30 minutes later. Then it was back out taking the 15yo to a commitment. While I was driving him my 13 yo daughter called in a panic, "Mom, there is water spraying all over the garage!" ACK! Thankfully my husband was home and in his office so I told her to go mention that to dad.
When I arrived home I saw the garage door open, our driveway covered with boxes and things from the interior of the garage and my husband stressed! The hot water heater had gone bad and ended up spraying out the top all over the place! We spent the afternoon trying to dry things out and salvage as much as we could.
At 5:30 my 8yo had to be to his basketball team's end of season celebration at a pizza parlor. DH stayed home to work on the hot water heater while I took the younger kids. This pizza is AMAZING! I ordered myself a salad and was NOT going to have any soda. As I sat at our table with pepperoni pizza and Hawaiian sitting in front of me I couldn't resist. The slices were small so I told myself there was plenty of room in my calorie allotment to have 2 slices, one of each. Oh, my gosh! It was so delicious I could NOT stop!!! I lost track of how many I had. Not that I ate that much (I mean, I still had pizza left over to bring my husband and two older sons) I think I just didn't want to know the damage so I didn't keep track.
Having all those carbs started the CRAVINGS to run crazy! While my husband was out in the garage and my other kids gone or tucked in bed I pulled out a ding dong AND a chocolate covered granola bar! Today was weigh in day, 284.6 a gain of 1.4 since last week.
My old self would have thought that there was no use sticking to my plan, just throw in the towel and eat other food that I've been craving. But that's NOT who I am now.
I am focusing on getting healthy. I'm on a LIFETIME journey not just a diet. I know there will be times that I get off track. How quickly I get back on will determine how bad the damage will be.
It's a new day, almost lunch time. For today I have done 30min of cardio (chose a DVD instead of the treadmill) and my nutrition has been on the mark with LOTS of water thrown in.
Three more days until the 5k. It looks like it will be a COLD and WET one. This whole week's weather has been extremely wierd. We've had wind storms, dumping rain, hale and even snow. With this 5k being my first and most of my training has been done inside on a treadmill, I'm not really sure how to prepare for the weather. I guess it's something I'll learn through trial and error.
No comments:
Post a Comment