Saturday, March 10, 2012
I Signed Up For My First 5k
I just signed up for my first official 5k!!! It is being held next Saturday, March 17th, and is at a town 25min away.
My 12 and 13 yo daughters are signed up too. The three of us will be setting our first 5k time. A time that we'll be able to improve on as we get stronger, fitter and healthier! We're still preparing for our Sprint Tri in July and this will be great training for us!
This morning I woke up early and did a 5k on my treadmill. I broke my previous time of 55:38 by 2 minutes. Today's time, 53:38. I did it HIIT style and was able to jog a few minutes at 3.8mph and, YES, even at 4.0! That's a first for me!
Not sure how my outdoor, crowded 5k will compare to my treadmill 5k but I'm looking forward to finding out.
Now to commit to and sign-up for more races to keep me focused on my goals for 2012!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment