UGH, I hate feeling the way I'm feeling! In the past decade I can point exactly to what threw me off track of my healthy journeys. There are two things. 1. A vacation OR 2. A non-structured time for my kids (summer break)
This time around it's been both! Our whirlwind trip to Boise AND then boom, Spring Break! The two combined has thrown be in a downward spin out of control.
I've acknowledged this struggle and have received a lot of support to get over it.
Mentally I have no desire to break the downward spiral but in my soul I want it, want it badly! I decided I need to fake it until my mind,soul and body are inline with the same desire.
Today was baby steps, somewhat. I woke up at 6:30 and did an hour on the treadmill. 6:30 isn't super early for me. Typically to get my workouts in before my day begins I have to wake up at 4:30. With my kids' crazy spring break schedule that is NOT happening. The next thing I focused on was water. When I'm not trying to be healthy I can go days, even weeks without even one oz of water. I didn't get my normal 9 or 10 cups in but I did get 5. That's 5 more since Sunday.
My eating has been completely off. I told myself I wasn't going to stress about it. Today was just workout and water. Tomorrow I'll focus on workout, water and getting 5 fruits and veggies in!
I hear you about the water, fruits, and veggies! It took a really long time to get in a routine for those "add-ins". now I carry a water bottle with me no matter WHERE I go! Even in my house, I have my bottle LOL! I make a huge fruit salad every Friday and I have a little bit of it every morning for breakfast with a little homemade muffin or something. Veggies, same idea..a big bowl of slad lasts me half the week so I make two different kinds (today is an asain salad with homemade almond ginger dressing) I also sneak veggies into EVERYTHING! Spinach is a great one that can fit in every dish, whether it be spaghetti, or even soups! I couldn't imagine how busy you are with all those kiddos! I'll come babysit LOL!
ReplyDeleteYou ROCK!! I'm so proud of you for finding ways around your obstacles! I think it's great that you are able to stand back and see what gets in your way! Not everyone is able to do that! Fake it till you make it! That sounds like a great motto! Keep your chin up - your spirit will soon follow your mind!
ReplyDelete