For those of you waiting to hear about my 5k today it will be in another blog later. I've invited my two sisters, my mom and my 16 yr. old daughter to join me. I'm excited these important women in my life are all able to come so I readjusted the time to include everyone!
It's not a beautiful winter day here. Instead it's DUMPING down rain with aggressive wind gusts. According to my hubby it's suppose to be this way ALL day. So, since none of us have gym memberships, we'll be out on the high school track not letting Mother Nature get in our way!
New Year's Eve was awesome! My mom and her husband came in to town. I checked my pedometer after a light dinner and realized I was short 1600 steps. So at 8:00p.m. my mom came with me for a walk. I finished the day with over 11,000 steps! YAY, ME! High Five, anyone? After walking I looked at my calorie intake and realized I was short over 350 calories to stay in line with my low end goal. I made some healthy choices and got it in!!!
My mom is an extreme health nut! She's 64, 5'10" and OH, So slim!!! I don't have permission to share her weight here so let's just say she ways LESS than HALF of me. She's a great example of what I can become. I enjoyed my evening with her talking about nutrition and workouts, showing her some of the great blogs I've read here and other fun facts. She wanted to figure out her BMR, the amount of calories your body needs to consume to maintain your weight at a sedentary level. We googled this site and punched in our numbers. It was really interesting. I found out at my current weight and workout level to just maintain my weight I need to consume almost 2300 calories. So with my plan of eating 1500-1800 calories I DEFINITELY should be losing the weight.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Everyone! I'm so glad to have the blogging community's support in this endeavor! THANKS!
Can't wait to hear about your 5K! ;o) I am inspired by your ability to keep pushing to meet your daily goals!! WOW WOW WOW! :o) Glad to hear about your great time with your mom. She must be so proud!
ReplyDeleteDoing a marathon walk is one of my goals in 2009 too. I applaud you for getting out there and doing it.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.
That was really impressive to be short steps at 8pm and still get out there and finish it! Most people would not have done it! You are investing in yourself for the future... Really impressive!
ReplyDeleteHi five for your 11,000 steps! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI meant high five (stupid, stupid, stupid)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait either to hear about your 5K! You inspired me to do my own 5K today!
ReplyDeleteGood job in committing to the 5k even in the rain! You'll do great!
ReplyDelete