Oh my gosh, HELP!!! The past 9 days I've been on a high, I've felt so upbeat, the sky was the limit. I'm realizing now that one reason it was so easy was my life was going easy. That took a turn today. Hi, my name is KiKi and I'm a STRESS eater!!!
My kids are back in school (well, five of them) You'd think that would make things easier after having them home for three weeks but, NO. School's in session which means tons of different schedules and homework. My hubby is out of town which leaves ALL the responsibility on me. I've been busy non-stop since 5:30 this morning and I'll be back doing it all at 5am tomorrow. To top it all off...Aunt Flo came to town!!!!! So now I'm dealing with whacked out hormones. ARGHHH!!! I want sugar!!! I want Carbs!!! And I want it NOW!!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter that I'm full and don't need any food, I WANT IT!
I fell apart tonight. I came home late and my kids had Taco Bell on the counter. There was a plate of half eaten Nachos. I was like a half starved lunatic the way I fell all over that food. Next I wanted to grab the cinnamon twists and anything else I could easily rip open. I knew I needed to stop, some voice in the back of my head kept telling me "You don't want this, don't mess up your goals" I threw my daughter off of the computer to frantically write this post.
I know by the time I get it out most of you will probably have already gone to bed and I won't get any responses until I wake up in the morning. But just to come here thinking of you all is helping. I can hear the words in my head that you are lovingly screaming at me. I WILL stick to my goals tonight even if that means I have to duck tape my mouth while I watch the new season of Biggest Loser I recorded.
Tomorrow is actually going to be worse so I could use some support. I don't know how I'll get my steps squeezed in but will succeed somehow.
Hopefully you made it through the night! Tomorrow prepare for the day with tons of 0 or 1pt snacks so you can eat when you need to. And so you don't go all ravenous on something! Carrots, celery, popcorn, soup, etc. Have baggies on hand...!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck. You'll make it through it!
Little by little you will be able to start the process of changing your eating habits... You have to be patient with yourself (ha! I just told someone to use patience and I am the most impatient person on earth!) and practice being patient with yourself. You can do this. It will take a while for the edge to go away but I know you can!
ReplyDeleteNo more nachos! Taco Bell is evil. Seriously. I CANNOT go there because I WILL make the worst choice possible. Some places are better left alone.
Tom (my significant other) and I now refer to Taco Bell ONLY as Taco Hell because of how much I tend to go overboard if we're anywhere within a mile radius of the place!
ReplyDeleteTaco Bell is the only Fast Food joint I have not been able to break. I've been good, but when I cave that's where I do it.
ReplyDeleteAt least it was only a half a plate of nachos and not the whole thing + whatever yummy goodness TB has. So yes, Taco Bell = evil.
Stay strong and try to remember why you are on this weight loss journey. It will help keep you focused during a stressful day.
We've all had that moment I'm sure - stressed, food screaming for us, bad choices, it's all part of it. So, if you ate the nachos ok - if not even better. I think that we're so programmed to be perfect that if we screw up once we've failed. It's not true. I've had to learn that we're going to make these bad choices every so often but it's not the end of being healthy. Now...if I could only take my own advice. I hope that you have a better day today.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! It's early morning and I have a grip on things but I know it's going to get hard today. Your wonderful advice and encouragement will be read and re-read throughout the day!
ReplyDeleteHey- You're not on my Biggest Loser team- but you're still on "Our Team" and I'm rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteI love you! You can do it....and we'll be three HOT sisters!
I'm sorry I didn't see this until today! I've definitely been there, in those moments. I KNOW you can do this though and it's obvious to all of us how much you want this. It's hard for sure but you CAN make the right choices.
ReplyDeleteSome things that work for me in these situations: mind games! If there is crappy food around (the kind I love soooo much, like chips and pizza), I pretend instead that I am a total food snob or even a restaurant reviewer. I will say to myself (in a snooty British accent of course!) "Remove this swill from my sight instantly! I simply MUST have a salad with raddichio and walnuts and pear vinegraitte!"
Or I pretend that I'm on a healthy cooking show, and make a big production of how I'm putting the unhealthy food back in the fridge and making a salad instead.
If that fails, just fool-proof your environment as much as possible. Get rid of the crap so that if you do 'binge' a little, it'll be on fat-free yogurt and clementines, or something. Get your family to hide their junk food. One blogger I read even set up a second fridge in her garage, which they call the Sin Bin, where her family can keep their bad-fod-you goodies.
Anyway, I hope you have a better day today! All your blogger friends are rooting for you!
Oh I feel for you. That is my family, leaving the stuff around the guys just will not change. I try and remind myself that the sugars and simple carbs will just start a cycle of craving (out the of roof at that time). I fought so hard to get to a place without that cycle I remind myself DO NOT GO THERE it is not worth it and try to find something else (not food) to burn up emotions/stress.
ReplyDeleteHopefully things will get back on schedule soon. The holiday break with kids is fun but can be tough getting back to the everyday routine.
Rie
We are there for you KiKi, I was there last night too, I should of called you and we could of complained to eachother. I like what Chews to Lose wrote, Just because we make one mistake doesn't mean we fail. Stand tall dust yourself off and go find your duck tape ;-) love ya!
ReplyDeleteI agree with not allowing one mistake to throw your whole day, week, month.
ReplyDeleteI am of the thought that sometimes our bodies crave what we need, and maybe your body needed some carbs & fat - perhaps a healthier form of that would be better, but still. The trick I am going to try and live by is that if I really want something that bad (ie the caramel popcorn that my daughter opened yesterday) I need to look at the calories/fat content and allow myself a reasonable amount (ie half a serving or 1 serving), portion that out and then enjoy it for what it is. I will never be the type of person who can only eat really healthy food all the time, I believe that not allowing yourself something of what you enjoy is a recipe for a binge at some point.
But all that being said, I am no expert! LOL!
Hope today is better for you!
~kinder
You slipped in a moment of chaos...it happens. What matters is what you do next. I'll have to check further along to see what your next post tells me, but I'm guessing that you were victorious is just getting back in to that groove! Isn't it fantastic knowing you can come here and we're all looking out for you??! ;o)
ReplyDelete