Normally this is done right around Christmas Eve but this year my mom and her husband were stranded for the holidays so we planned it for New Year's day. We made 10 houses (plus the cute smaller home my son created from broken pieces). There is TONS of candy to chose from and it was such a huge temptation as I sat helping several of my kids. I kept getting the frosting on my fingers and made sure I had a towel right next to me to wipe them off. Just one lick would have been enough to send me crawling after the chocolate Reese's or Hershey Kisses.After each child completes his candy laden home and yard they decide who they want to give it to. It's a real treat to go to the doors one at a time with each of my kids and deliver the sugar feast to their friends. The smiles that shine in that little kids eyes when they see what they're being given is priceless!
It was another successful year of gingerbread houses and even better because I could enjoy the people and the occasion WITHOUT the food!
Too cute. Good job not licking the fingers or having a piece....
ReplyDeletePretty terrific accomplishment... Just at the mention of icing I salivate and it it was in front of me I might just bury my whole face in it...
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on not indulging/giving into tempation. You should be proud!!!
ReplyDeleteSWEET! (In oh so may ways!) :o)
ReplyDeleteGreat tradition, very fun, but yes, tempting. The dishtowel was a great bit of foresight on your part!
ReplyDeleteAlso, big time congratulations on the 5k! I have to tell you when you said you were going to do that it inspired me to do it too. So yesterday when I was visiting family, I took my mom and went to all over town looking for a track that wasn't covered in snow. Alas, there were none to be found. So we found a relatively snow free parking lot and walked around that. I only made it 1 1/2 miles, but still I'll take the half 5 K. It was still the most I've walked in a long time. Felt great, so thanks to YOU!
Yay for you! You're awesome! The picture alone makes me drool, I would have consumed 5000 calories if I would have made one!
ReplyDelete