I've been doing great with avoiding foods that tempt me. The number one evil is CHOCOLATE! At the stores I avoid the aisles that used to have me as a frequent visitor. For little snacks for my kids I get them things that I really could care less about.
So, why did I get an unexpected temptation delivered RIGHT TO MY DOOR?!?!? My daughter plays lacrosse and it is a club sport within the high school. Since it is a club sport it costs more to play. Most of the families really don't have an extra $300 sitting around to have their kids play so we've decided to do a/some fundraisers. I somehow got elected to head that project. I made some calls and found a fundraising company that has tons of different products to chose from. They promised to send my some brochures to look over so we could make our decision.
I was expecting a manila envelope in my mailbox but NO it was a BOX delivered by the U.P.S guy. It was like Christmas at my house. All my kiddos gathered around to see what this mystery box contained. As I opened the flaps there were the brochures tucked underneath 20 pieces of gourmet chocolate!!!! My heart started pounding and my taste buds began to salivate, I knew I was in trouble and needed to quickly get rid of them. I gave each child three pieces and went over to my hubby's office to get rid of the rest. Since the brochures were not appealing to my kids they all left to go back to what they were doing while I perused the fliers. I took them one at a time out of the box, glanced through it and then put it aside as I reached for the next one. This process continued until I reached for the last one and found the HUGEST shock possible for a choc-a-holic, MORE CHOCOLATE. Not only was there MORE CHOCOLATE at the bottom of the box but it was my favorite kind. A HUGE, THICK chocolate candy bar with ALMONDS!!!! OH, MY! I must have screamed out loud because soon all of my kids came running back to see what was going on. They were thrilled to find several similar candy bars as well as a few long beef jerky sticks at the bottom of the box.
I'm proud to be able to say I didn't eat a single candy bar, piece of chocolate or beef jerky. We may have to go with one of their non-food items like flower bulbs or gift wrap. I don't want any of the goodies in MY HOUSE!
Good for you! I share your affinity (serious addiction) to chocolate, and I applaud your Herculean efforts to get rid of the temptation. To tell the truth, now that I'm counting points I can easily ignore the chocolate for three weeks out of the month. The fourth week will likely be what uses up all my flex points.
ReplyDeleteThat is so good. Chocolate used to be my BFF - but I had to get rid of him. I don't know if I could have been as strong. I probably would have convinced myself that one bar would be okay. Great work!
ReplyDeleteYou are AMAZING! Way to go!
ReplyDeletewow - you have a will of steel!
ReplyDeleteYou are a wonder woman. That must have been so tough to deal with. Fantastic job. Pat your self on the back and give yourself a non-food reward. you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteNew to your blog. I follow spunkysuzi too. I totally would have caved. I would have justified just having a couple of bites and then finished off an entire candy bar. YOU are amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing!
ReplyDeleteOMG. That is just not right - chocolate that walks right into your house is my worst nightmare.
ReplyDeleteYou must have had an iron will to resist that.