Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Book You've GOTTA Read!

If you haven't heard of Jen Lancaster you've got to check her out. My sister told me about her and loaned me her personally autographed copies of Jen's first three books.

They're ALL great but I LOVED the "Bitter is the New Black" and I can't get enough of #3:



This book, about our body image (Well, actually Jen's but we can all relate) and our struggle to either accept it or change it is hysterical! I'm not usually a huge laugher but with her books you can't help but BURST out laughing. Sometimes I can't stop. If you get the chance to read her books (but especially this one since it pertains to what we are all experiencing) DO SO!

By the way, she has a fourth book coming out in a few months, "Pretty in Plaid". CAN'T WAIT!!!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on my day yesterday: I did AWESOME!!!!
I was right in line with all of my goals. Got my calories eaten, my 3meals and snacks consumed, my water drunk (no, I didn't actually give my water any alcohol), and my steps in!!! I logged 10,261 steps. I did W.A.T.P. One mile dvd and then took my kids to the park and walked around the trails while they played.

3 comments:

  1. WhooHoo! Good job! Your kids will be thrilled with all your efforts.....I can just see it now....Mom! Not the park AGAIN! We don't want to go play....leave us alone! :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY girl! Thanks for "tagging" me & commenting on MY BIRTHDAY!!! : )

    I had to leave my little thoughts about the book, too - - - I read it & enjoyed the read. The only thing that DROVE ME CRAZY is the entire book is about her weight loss yet she never gives the reader any NUMBERS! It's like, you're writing a book about your PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS EXPERIENCE but you won't let us know the numbers???!? How "personal" is that? Otherwise, it's a fun read!

    Now~ off to buy a new outfit! See you around SOON & have a FUN and safe night!!! I'll be coming back to that tag, SOON!!!

    Amy
    rebuildingamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR! KiKi!
    I loved this book.
    Have you read any of Laurie Notaro's books? I love her, too.

    ReplyDelete