Joggers, runners, or cyclists!
This site is amazing! I like to walk outdoors, when I am being healthy and loving my body (except for now in the middle of winter). I did walk outside yesterday (YAY, ME!) and as I was walking I wondered, How far have I walked. I do wear a pedometer but I'm only tracking steps and don't stop to figure out mileage throughout the day.
If you want to find out the mileage you've walked, run, or biked go to the GMAP site and type in the address along with city, state and zip of your starting point. I had to zoom in a little more and then push the record button. Double click on your starting point and then at each turn along the way (even if there's a curve) double click again. It will leave a red line showing your route and will be tallying up the mileage as you go. I found out the route I do around my home (when I do walk) is 1.977 miles. If it's okay with you I'm going to call that 2miles.
Put the site to use and go out for a walk!
That's awesome. Ive tried to figure distances out before. Sometimes its not that easy!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your blog. I came her via Dani's blog. Thanks for the walking info, I will have to try it.
ReplyDelete