And how I'm going to go about making them smaller.
Okay, so today is the first day of my journey. Obviously to begin that journey first I have to know where I'm heading and how I'm going to get there. To find out my starting point I jumped (actually cautiously crept) on the scale. Honestly, I wasn't too shocked with the number because I have the tendency to weigh myself off and on even when I have no desire to do anything about the number I see. Well today's number was an all time, non-pregnancy, high. 318.2lbs is my starting point. I hope you're cheering from your computer seat because, although I weigh myself and recognize how obese I am, to actually type it for all to see is a HUGE accomplishment but one that's needed to acknowledge where I am and where I'm heading. Hi, my name is KiKi and I weigh 318.2lbs.
I also took my measurements today, everything from neck to left and right calves. I'm not sure I'm ready to post those yet. Those numbers really frightened me, I mean, my thighs are the size I want my waist to be at.
So I know where I'm starting from and now I have to determine where I'm going. I checked out my BMI and found out it was 43.2 (yes, very obese). I decided I wanted to get my BMI to be right in the middle of the normal range. To do that for my height of 6' tall that would be 160lbs. I don't remember the last time I weighed that, but then I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. So for right now I'm setting my goal at 160 lbs (if I get to 159 that would be HALF of what I weigh right now) and we'll see how attainable and maintainable that is as the numbers on my scale get within that range.
Starting point: 318.2, Goal: 160, Total weight loss desired: 158.2. Another number I'm willing to share is clothing size. Right now I'm wearing a 26/28, mostly 28. I would love to get into a size 12.
How am I going to proceed on this journey? Good question. I don't have a specific plan that I'm following although I know I do better with NO SUGAR and JUNK FOOD. I'm planning on writing everything down, every bite that goes into my mouth. I'm going to consume between 1500-1800 calories a day. I'm going to fluctuate that number daily so that it keeps my body guessing. I don't want to start my calories out too low because then as I lose weight and need to adjust my plan to keep the pounds coming off there's room to move the calorie amount down. Specifically I'm going to drink 8 glasses of water each day, eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks which include proteins, whole grains, lots of veggies and some fruit.
One of the key elements for me to have a successful weight loss journey is getting my body moving. I could eat an apple and gain weight if I'm just sitting around. This is going to be a hard part to get started. Honestly, I HURT! My knees hurt, my hips hurt and I feel like an old woman just trying to get off the couch. So at the beginning there will be no jogging/running, no elliptical, and no gym. So what am I going to do? WALK! More specifically use a pedometer. I have a pedometer attached to me right now and my goal is to get 10,000 steps in a day. Right now it's about 10:40 a.m. and I have 2300 steps logged. As the day goes on and I know I'll need to get more steps in then I'll dance around with my kids, take them on a walk or put on a Walk Away the Pounds DVD.
My goal is to lose at least 2lbs a week. I'm hoping that the plan I came up with will make this happen. I'm confident it will at first but when the time comes that it starts to slow down I'll adjust my calories and increase my exercise. I know that as the pounds come off I'll have the strength and energy to workout harder. I want to be a mean, lean machine!
Take it one day at a time - it's slow and steady that wins the race!
ReplyDeleteI started with Walk Away the Pounds, too! It's great!
And WOW, 7 kids!!! That is an amazing accomplishment right there - you are my hero! I barely get through the day with 2...
Hi KiKi! Wow, you have thought this all through and have a great plan! That along with a strong support system and you're going to have one successful year! I can't wait to read about all your victories! Oh and only let those numbers scare you the first time you seem them because they ain't gonna be around for long! :o) PS: Thanks for stopping my blog and your sweet sweet words!! ;o) Dani
ReplyDeleteHi, Walk Away the Pounds is the best. I've got a few of her tapes and they have been helpful. Sounds like you're on track to have a successful weight loss journey. I'll be there cheering you on!
ReplyDelete