It feels so good to have successfully made it through my first day of healthy living. I stuck to my plan and realized at the end of the day there are some glitches in it.
I was able to stay away from the junk and eat healthy things but didn't fit in all my snacks and therefore didn't get in enough calories. My end calorie total ended up being only 1000 calories, YIKES, that's not enough regardless who you are. To try and avoid that I'm going to work on making up at least a daily menu the night before. If and when I get real organized (something I'm working on)I'll make up a weekly meal plan before I head to the grocery store each week.
Eight 8oz glasses of water were tallied for yesterday! That's a huge accomplishment for me. I've noticed if I'm not trying to eat healthy I can go DAYS without drinking a single cup. I'm proud of the 8 and as soon as my body stops feeling water logged and having to pee all the time I think I'll try to up that to 10.
Exercise, another area that needs a little tweaking. I set out with the goal of 10,000 steps and I got 10,329! So why does that need tweaking? Well, as the day progressed I was just trying to do little extra things like, instead of sending a pile of folded laundry upstairs with a child I took it up myself (my kids are going to LOVE this new exercise plan I'm on!) At one point I turned on my 8yr old daughter's new High School Musical 3 CD and we (well, at least the girls and my youngest son, my two teenage boys wouldn't be caught dead doing it) danced around for a song or two. It's very embarrassing to admit that dancing with my one year old in arms to only one song got me winded. It won't stay that way for long.
At 7:30 last night I checked my pedometer to see where I stood. Only 6700 steps, YIKES! I needed 3300 more!!!! With a computer transcription job and an early arriving daycare child I try to go to bed by 9:00 so I can get up and get my computer job done before my kiddos wake up. And before falling asleep I HAVE to read for at least 30 minutes. I'm a book junkie!!!!!!!!! LOVE BOOKS!!!!! Sorry, got off track, back to my steps. So with 3300 steps needed and not much time to do it I had to figure out what to do. My four littlest were watching a movie so I decided to use the bottom of my first stair as a step and watch the movie with them while I exercised. UP, UP, Down, Down, over and over again. Okay, steps are not for me! At least not until I've lost a little more weight. My already aching knees just hurt worse and I only did it for 3 minutes. So I decided to walk. Well, it was dark and raining and I couldn't do an exercise tape because my kids were using our only watching t.v. (we have another one that is used for XBOX and Wii which the 12 and 14 year old boys usually monopolize)so I walked inside. I walked from the back door to the front door over and over again. My one year old thought it was a game and followed suit and then my four year old joined in. After 10laps I would stop and run in place to accumulate steps faster.
I'm proud of my 10,329 steps!!!! But I need to try and get them in sooner. I've decided to pull out a Walk Away the Pounds DVD when I put my little one down for her morning nap. I'm off to write up a meal plan for today and to dust off my workout DVD.
Wow! What dedication! It would have been so easy to just tell yourself that you'd do better "tomorrow" but you took it upon yourself to meet your goals! Just think...meet all your small goals and you'll meet your biggest goals! Woohoo!! *applause*applause*
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog to follow on my journey!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Hi KiKi!! Just to answer your question about linking to words in your blog...when you are typing your post, highlight what you want to set as a link and then click on the symbol next to the "bold" or "italics" choices that looks like a chainlink with a green background (if you hover your mouse over it it will say "insert link"). It will open a dialog box where you type in the link to the webpage you wish to link to. I'll usually go to the site and copy the address and then paste it in that box. Let me know if you have questions!! ;o) Dani
ReplyDeleteAll it takes to be successful is one day. You've got one day under your belt. Now focus on the next day. I have really found that by only dealing with today it has helped me to get to where I want to go.
ReplyDeleteSo celebrate this one day, and every day, as if you are at goal because each day is a step along the way in getting there.
That's great! Most people would not have went the extra effort to get the steps in!
ReplyDelete