Hi! My name is KiKi and I am Morbidly Obese. I've technically been obese for many years but to see the word Morbid associated with obese makes it seem more serious. Little by little I've been killing myself. Not with drugs, alcohol, or any sort of weapon but with food and inactivity. I have EVERYTHING to live for so why aren't I?
I believe our health and lives are not stagnate things they are constantly growing and changing. They're either improving or declining. Unfortunately most of my choices have caused my state of health and way of life to be in the decline mode. As I mentioned I have EVERYTHING to live for and I do! I have seven amazing kids (ages 1 to 16), a terrific husband, a wonderful extended family and supportive friends. Although I know they're all there for me I've made choices that have put me where I am today; morbidly obese with one foot in the grave, not embracing life and pushing loved ones away.
I chose the title of my blog to be "Overhauling-Me" because that's what I need, one major overhaul. I want to lose weight and look great in a mirror wearing smaller sized clothes but that's not all. That's only on the surface, a facelift. I need the overhaul, I want the changes to begin under "my hood", from the inside out. I need a brain that makes better choices, I need organs that are alive and functioning to their best capacity, I need bones and muscles that are strong enough to carry me and my very heavy daily load, I need a stronger relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior, and I need to be a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, and friend.
WOW, that sounds exhausting and it would be if I try to do all of that at once. The interesting thing for me is when I begin to focus on me and getting healthy everything else seems to fall in place. How do I know that? Because I've done it all before. Like most everyone else I've tried several diets. I've had success with them all, great results with some of them but not lasting results with any. WHY???? It comes down to two letters -ME! I didn't go about it the right way, I was focusing on the facelift, the immediate results that everyone could see not the essential beginning for a long-term life change, the inside.
I'm looking forward to the process and dreading it at the same time. I want to see quick results to keep the motivation burning but at the same time I know a true overhaul is a slow, time-consuming procedure. I could use all the support I can get in this journey and look forward to strengthening relationships and making new friends along the way.
KiKi! Your first post is beautifully written~ you sound like a person who is ready to make a change & on the cusp of some exciting new things! BEST of luck- use all of the resources you can to find the things that work for and motivate YOU.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you shrink!
Amy
www.rebuildingamy.blogspot.com