Wednesday, December 31, 2008

5K Tomorrow, anyone else?

A couple of weeks ago I read a site from someone that was going to do a 5k at the beginning of the year. She was doing it because she could never fit the ones organized in her community into her schedule. She sent out a challenge to have others join her (I think she's doing it on Saturday, January 3rd).

I accepted the challenge but I, along with my sister (HI, Nat!) and my mom will be doing it tomorrow. We thought what a great way to start off the new year.

I'm new to this health fitness and have A LOT of weight to lose so it won't be easy. We're going to go to the high school track and do it. Since there are three of us doing it together and three COMPLETELY different levels of fitness we figured the track (although boring) would allow us to always see each other as we strive to achieve our individual best times for the 5k. I may be out there for awhile, I'll definitely need some water and might try to find a Port-a-Potty to tow on the back of my car. Whatever my results tomorrow this is a starting point, a place to measure my physical capabilities. I may do this once a month to watch my time shortened, my measurements smaller and my weight lower!

Anyone else in? If you so come back and let me know your results. I'll have mine posted tomorrow after I get the leg cramps to quit!

(FYI, for anyone wanting to know a 5k is a little bit less than 12.5 times around a track).

8 comments:

  1. Hi KiKi!
    Thanks for coming to my blog! I've added you to our list of 6 week Challengers. I'll be making a formal post about it tomorrow.
    Good luck, KiKi! We're going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go KiKi and what a victorious way to start out the year! You'll have done a 5K!! That's a goal for further down the road for a lot of us!! But then you know you'll have to look at doing a 10K!! ;o) I'm going to put this on my calendar for beginning 2010. Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Walking tomorrow! Awesome way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! How many laps around the track would that be???? Hope you've reved up your ipod!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies! Dani, I'm attempting a 5k it will really be ssslllooowww going but I'm giving it a try! My goal is 5k if for some reason that's just out of my reach right now then I'll find it out and still have a standard to improve on.

    Good for you on setting it as a goal. I think we need goals, short and long-term to keep us on this path we've embarked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming to my blog. And holy smokes great idea to start the new year. I LOVE the idea of marking the start of the year with a nice big work-out. I think I may steal the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I may just have to do a 5K walk too! I can't run, but maybe I will have to do a walk!

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, how was your 5K???

    I did a 20K bike ride, 5K walk, and 34 laps in the pool. YOU INSPIRED ME to start 2009 in a great way! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete