Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Those DANG Carbs!

I keep getting too many of them! Normally when I think of a "diet" I think of low calories and high protein low carb. I've tried that before. Had great results and then they all came back plus more.

I bought a book by Jillian Michaels, "Making the Cut". I was looking for something inspirational to read. Turns out the book is geared for those who have the last 20 or less pounds to lose. UH, Definitely NOT me! My mom borrowed it and by just incorporating the eating ideas and continuing her own workouts has lost 6lbs in about 10days. So, what does that have to do with CARBS?!?

Well, in Jillian's book she has you take a test to see if you're an A, B, or C and she tells you how much carbs, proteins and fat you need to take in based on which letter you are. Turns out my mom is an A and I'm a B. I'm suppose to have 40% Carbs, 40% Proteins and 20% Fat.

So armed with that info I went into Spark People and adjusted my calories (higher, very scary. According to Jillian I should be eating 2100 calories a day. I just don't know if I'd lose weight with that many so I put the range for 1600 - 2100) and all of my other numbers.

I'm having a REALLY HARD time getting all of my calories in and at the same time keep my carbs down. When I eat more calories my carbs end up being over the allotted HIGH number. When I keep my carbs in range my calories are way too low.

I guess I'll have to get creative and find some new foods.

1 comment:

  1. I read the first few pages of Making the Cut and then gave it to my big sister, but then I got Winning by Losing which is her book for those of us with more than 20 to lose. i read the whole thing about food and I was shocked, I'd never made the connection with how great I feel when I get more protein in my diet.

    The calories I got were way lower though, once I figured out my active metabolic rate, once I took away the calories to lose it put me under 1400.

    ReplyDelete