Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stick to your task.

Today was a wonderful day!

Sunday, the Sabbath, is an integral part of my life and a day I look forward to. It's my day of rest from exercise and other things of the world. It's a day I go to church, remember my Savior and learn more about His teachings, a day to spend with my family and re-fill my bucket.

In my church members of the congregation give the talks. Today the husband and wife that spoke are personal trainers. She is about 6'1" and gorgeously fit! With it being the new year their topic was setting resolutions. Of course since they were speaking at church it was more religiously based but they tied in examples of being physically fit. I felt I was touched not only spiritually at church but at the same time was given a little pep talk about sticking to my goals. They shared many wonderful quotes, this is one that stuck in my mind:

"Stick to your task ’til it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place and praise
Will always come to the one who stays. Stick to your task ’til it sticks to you;
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too;
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
Will come life’s victories after a while."
—Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kiki! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so excited for this challenge - looks like we have a great team. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete