I officially started this a couple of days ago but thought it was important to really think about my program and what it is I'm committing to over the next six weeks. Since I'm just beginning my pursuit of health and have a long way to go my plan is simple. My physical at the doctor's isn't until the end of February. I thought it was the end of this month. I don't feel like I can really PUSH it until I get the okay from the doctor. Keeping moving and eating healthy should get me going in the right direction for now and help me establish healthy habits.
*EXERCISE - right now my goal is to get 10,000 steps in a day. Each day I have to do something besides my normal life to ensure that happens. Six days a week I'll do my Walk Away the Pound DVD, and go for a walk in the early evening if my numbers are low. I will up the daily step requirement every week by 250. At the end of the six weeks I should be at 11,500 steps or higher each day.
*NUTRITION - Consume between 1500 and 1800 calories each day. Eat at least 3 servings of veggies (so hard for me to get in) and two fruits and LOG every bite that goes into my mouth. I'll add my water intake here as well. I hate having to pee all the time therefore I used to never drink the stuff. Each day I'll get 8 glasses of water in. Once my body gets used to it I'll increase it to 10.
*STATS - I'm going to weigh in every Monday and take measurements every other week.
I'm excited for this challenge! I made a big calendar to keep track of my days and successes. Thanks Katschi for putting this together! I'm looking forward to getting the green light from my doctor then I'll be kicking some booty!! (Watch out BLBE#2 challengers!)
Great job, I know you can do it! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteKiki, sounds like a reasonable plan. I hope you have great luck with it. And I hope you can find a pedometer that actually works, I've had no luck with that.
ReplyDeleteI like those goals! Honestly, the veggie one will probably be the most challenging! Its funny because sometimes exercising is easier than eating veggies! Ha!
ReplyDeleteThe veggies would be tough for me, too ... which is why I tend to ignore the fact that I tend to ignore them ;)
ReplyDeleteThose are great goals! WTG on being reasonable and looking after your health so this is long term. I just started weight loss blogging in Dec so hopefully we'll enjoy our success together!
ReplyDeleteGreat job. Imagine the results by the end of Feb and how great of a start you'll have when you meet with your doc!!!
ReplyDelete