Friday, January 16, 2009

Follow-Up at My Doctor's

I've been anxiously waiting for this day for the past two weeks. Normally going to the doctor's is a dreading thing for me.

I was looking forward to getting the results of my tests and getting on his scale.

According to the doctor's scale I've lost 9lbs in the past two weeks! Yeah! His scale does weigh me at a different weight than mine so now I'm wondering what MY scale will read come Monday.

All of my tests were great! EKG, X-ray all normal. My thyroid is back to normal as well. My doctor was very impressed with my 9lb weight loss and asked me how I was doing it. I told him I'm striving for 1800+ calories a day and walking at least 10,000 steps.

I'm still going in for a complete physical the end of February, I've never had my cholesterol checked. He wants to do an Eco-cardiogram to check out the heart murmur he heard (First time I heard I had one was a year and a half ago when I was pregnant with #7) and I get to do my very first Mammogram! Yippee! NOT!!!

My new doctor is so awesome and extremely proactive! I did have one complaint though. His nurse realized in all the years I've been going to the clinic I've never had a height check done. She measured me at 5'10", uh, I DON"T THINK SO! I've been 5'11.5" (6 feet is much easier to say) since puberty. There's NO WAY I've shrunk two inches! I'm not THAT old! I think the problem was she was only about 5'3" so she really couldn't reach high enough to level the height chart out.

The best thing was as my Doc finished up the appointment and was getting ready to leave he said, "We'll see you in February. It will be great to see what the results from your hard work will be then." Great incentive to set a little "MINI" goal!

7 comments:

  1. That is great! It is like a little mini goal and it always feels good to get encouragement from a doctor!

    Wow. You are tall! I have had people have trouble measuring my height and I am only 69 inches tall!

    You are sounding really positive and seem like you are keeping a good steady attitude going. That is a huge step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure does sound like a great doc visit! :o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when the doctors make comments about your weight (loss not gains) - it's like you're getting it right and they noticed. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! So glad you got great results back from the doc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are doing so well! I too think that you will have made even greater progress by February!! Way to goooo!


    GO TEAM ANGIE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 9 pounds is awesome! It sounds like your doctor is great, too. I'm also tall - I've been 5'10" all my life...until a year ago I had my height checked again at the doctors and I've shrunk over an inch, too. I think my weight has contributed to it. I'm sure my spine has compressed from all the stress. I'm just hoping that with weight loss and maybe lots of yoga I could stretch a bit again. LOL.

    ReplyDelete