Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some serious pondering!

I was all gung-ho and ready to do this (getting healthy). I came up with a plan, created a blog and started. It was as simple as that. Sure that part is simple but in order to make this a life style change and really keep it off I need to dig deep and find my reasonings. Getting tagged, thanks Dani, was what I needed to stop and really think about WHY I'm doing this. So here it goes:

10 reasons to lose 10 plus pounds (for some...Another 10 lbs!)I'm adding... Or MORE!

Rules:
List the 10 reasons why you are losing weight
Tag 5 other
Be sure to post these rules on your post
Be sure to link the blog that tagged you
See, simple, right?

Here are my top 10:

10. To finally have the outside match who I feel I am on the inside.
9. To NEVER have to use seat belt extenders on an airplane again. Yes, it happened to me twice this year. It's interesting how different planes have varying lengths of seat belts. I've been on many this year but only needed it for two of my flights.
8. To be able to carry my child without getting winded. (that would have to be my little kids, no matter how fit I get I'll always get winded carrying my 6'4 14yr old.
7. To dance, run, skip and play whatever it is my kids want to do. I want to do it WITH THEM!
6. To feel sexier. My hubby loves me no matter what but I want to look better for him!
5. To feel like I can keep my head held up high when I'm around other health nuts.
4. To not have people stop comparing me to my mother, "Wow, your mom is so fit and active what happened to you?" Yes, I've heard it behind my back and to my face.
3. To be able to shop in any dang store I want to!
2. To be able to look at myself in the mirror (naked) and actually smile!
1. To keep me alive!!!! I feel if I keep heading down this road my life will be cut dramatically shorter and I so want to be here for my family and future grandkids.

I'm sending this off to: (Click their names to check out their blogs)

Oh to Lose!
The Woman Inside Me
Rebuilding Amy
Chews to Lose
MyNenni

Thanks for all the motivation and inspiration! I'm now spending WAY TOO MUCH time on my computer (at least I'm getting my steps in!) I think it may be time to consider saving for a laptop so my family will remember who I am.

3 comments:

  1. I put my list up and it is remarkably like yours. I want to be happier and healthier. I want a life instead of an existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE list Kiki!! I can identify with every sentiment there! Now keep that list handy so you know what will inspire you!

    I love with Kimberly just said about a "life instead of an existence!". We only get this life and I can't stand the idea of wasting any more time!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag, but I was the crazy one who actually started the meme. Chech it out!

    ReplyDelete