Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween and the Crud!

I haven't posted much and to be completely honest haven't stayed on task this week.

Last Saturday we had a church Luau. It was a lot of fun with great food and wonderful entertainment. Come Sunday night I had a child throwing up, at midnight two more began to vomit. I was up until 4:30 a.m. caring for three vomiting kids.

When the day started to progress on Monday I found out over 38 families had been hit by the same thing. Many thought food poisoning from the Luau but new outbreaks let us know it was just a bad bug, someone came sick, that got to many. I've been spending my week caring for kids. A fourth came down with pneumonia. One of my vomiting girls threw up more than 50 times. With nothing in her tummy she started vomiting up a little blood. She missed the whole week of school, not good when it's your senior year. To top it all off I got sick last night.

This Halloween day wasn't what we planned but so far it's been a success. Daddy took the three youngest out while the older four were at parties at their friends' houses.

I'm giving myself one more day to sleep, recuperate and then Monday I'll be hitting my plan again!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya... It's been a while since you've posted - I hope all is ok. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since you blogged... Hope all is well with you...

    Patsy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiki,
    I'm going through my followers list and checking up on everyone that I haven't heard from in a while.
    Is everything ok over there in your world?
    Would you consider coming back to Blogland?

    I hope you're well, Kiki. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading some old blog posts and comments from a couple if years ago and I cane across a number of comments from you. Both of us kind if disappeared from the blogging world and now I'm back. I really appreciated all your support and prayers and I'd love to support you in your journey, wherever you may be. Let me know how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete