Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm BACK...Again!

Here I am, back again blogging about my weight loss journey! It's been almost 2.5 yrs since my last entry here. During that time I put back the weight lost plus some.

In 2011 I was determined to start again. Beginning weight was 325. I was motivated, doing it, working my plan and seeing results. I lost 30lbs by June then allowed the summer craziness get me off track. My excuse was there is NO time to exercise. Having 7 kids and 3 daycare kids makes my daily schedule crazy. Once the summer came I had kids staying up late, who I had to wait up for or pick up from friends' houses, and I just couldn't fathom getting up early to workout before my 7:30am daycare arrivals.

In the Fall of 2011 I started thinking about getting healthy but openly told my exercising sister, "I have no desire. Don't even ask me to participate with you" Then after a family reunion for Thanksgiving, seeing all my wonderfully fit family and in-laws the desire to be like them increased but not the desire to do what it takes.

At the end of 2011, when everyone in the world is thinking of New Year Resolutions, I too was thinking, once again, of the weight I needed to lose. I realized, after searching out on the internet, that I was MORBIDLY Obese (according to my BMI number). It hit me then, I'm not getting any younger and each year I put this off I can actually feel the deterioration of my body. I'm not getting any younger!

January 3rd I started back up using the resources at Spark People. Logging my food and exercising. Reading inspiration blogs and joining some motivational teams and challenges. As of today it's been 8 weeks. I'm still here and going strong. So I've lost 25lbs.

In January I started off walking in front of my tv. I tried to last 15minutes at a time and did it 2 to 3 times a day. After a week I started back on my treadmill. Couldn't go fast, about 2.7 mph, but I was doing it! After 3 weeks I went back to my gym and tried the elliptical (Ugh, only 10 min) and did a bit of ST.

Now I'm able to walk on my treadmill for up to 60min and do my own 5k at least once a week. I've been able to increase my level on the elliptical and can last 30min!

This past week my exercise has been non-existent. I have a bad headcold. ARGH! Today I strapped on my pedometer trying to get up and moving but my breathing, chest and head are not ready for strenuous cardio. I'm hoping to be back to normal soon. I do not like getting out of my routine.

I normally wake up at 4:30 to get my workout in at the gym so I can be home by 6:15 to get my family going. It was a hard habit to form and now that I haven't done it for a week I'm hoping it won't be too hard to get back into once I get started again.

I find so many wonderful blogs that I use as motivation and inspiration. I'm thankful for their availability and have decided to blog my own journey.

1 comment:

  1. I just revived my old blog from almost 3 years ago, and it feels good. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete