Saturday, October 17, 2009

Determined but shaky!

I'm still plugging away. My older kids didn't have school yesterday so my cross country runner and I went to the high school track, along with my one-year-old, and exercised. While she got her running in I was able to walk my goal of 1.25 miles. She finished sooner than me and took her little sister out of the jogging stroller and watched her while I finished. It was fun to watch them "run" the track together.

Today is my 2nd child's 15th b-day. He had some friends spend the night so it was a crazy night at our house. This morning my daughter followed through with our commitment to go walk again. This time we did it in our neighborhood. We did 1.5 miles today, it felt great, but tiring!!!

I'm committed to my workouts, it's something I can do, check off my list and go on with my day. The eating portion is a different story! I'm a stress-eater!!! Almost any fluctuation in emotion can set me off on a craving. The hardest part is I constantly have to focus on it, be aware of it, monitor it and then try to talk myself down when it seems I can't resist the HIGH CARB, Sugary foods calling my name.

When I've had success with weight loss it's like a switch went on that kept me focused on the goal and nothing could get in my way. The switch hasn't gone on yet, it's something I'm trying to force because I know it's needed for my health and well-being. There may be, I take that back, there WILL be slip ups along the way but I'm hoping the more I fake the right moves the more they'll become a natural part of my routine and lifestyle.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go on all the walking!!!!!! I just got back into walking myself. I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flick that switch! ;o) As a formerly VERY lazy, exercise-hater, I have to finally admit (after 39 long years!) that exercise is definitely the key to successful and sustained weightloss. Yes, diet plays a very big part, but the more I exercise, the more it focuses me on my goals... Plus, the endorphins you get from exercise last WAY longer than those you get from a bar of chocolate! Well done on the walking. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the two days of walking ! It's a great way to get in shape and it is fun finding all kinds of new possible places to do the walking . Makes for great family times as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Kiki. TThanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I can totally empathise with the way you're feeling right now... I went through the 'fat friend' fears about people accepting me when I was slim, and the biggest shocker was how my (skinny but very tall) older sisters reacted to my weightloss... When I weighed over 400lbs they were slightly patronising and superior towards me. When I got my weight right down to 175lbs (they were even skinnier - and they're both 6 foot too!) I felt they didn't want to know me! All my true friends were delighted for me, however. :o)

    I've actually been experiencing the reverse of your feelings... I'm too ashamed of having gained back so much weight so quickly that I've not seen a lot of my friends in a very long time... :o( I'm waiting until I feel my weight is 'acceptable' again... I know that's really stupid but it's just the way it is!

    If you want to chat, my email *should* be on my profile. :)

    Take care

    Patsy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post on my blog. The blogging community really can be inspirational and I need all the help I can get. Good for you on the walking! Keep going. The more days you do it the more likely you are to keep doing it. Hang in there! We can both make our goals!!!

    ReplyDelete