Tuesday, October 20, 2009

First Week Complete

I made it, I got through my first week of changing the way I eat and take care of my body. There were ups and downs, I wasn't perfect in my plan but I kept plugging away. I weighed 317.4 which gives me a loss of 4.2 lbs!!! I'll take it. My goal now is to NOT see those same four pounds again.

Tomorrow will be the first day in 2.5 weeks that I'll have all of my school-aged kids at school. I'm looking forward to it!!! Taking care of sick kids can be very taxing and definitely threw me off of my game plan once or twice.

Yesterday, with three kids sick, I knew it was going to be a crazy day and if I didn't get my exercise in first thing that it wouldn't get done. At 8:45 when my healthy 4th grader was heading off to school I decided to leave my sick five-year-old with his sick 13 and 15 year old brothers and go for a walk. I loaded my 21-month-old into her stroller, walked to the school giving my 9-year-old a kiss good-bye and off we went. We did a nice 1.5 mile walk. We walked past a fun park and my little one let out screeches wanting to play. I told her no, today we're out to walk. On the way home we had to pass by the same way. Again I heard screams of delight coming from the stroller as the slides came in view. I started saying No, we need to get home but then stopped myself. I'm trying to change my bad habits, live healthier and teach that to my kids. We pulled off the trail and hit the play-structure. We had a blast!

My first week I walked 1.25 miles each day since that's what my 11-year-old runs for her cross country meets. Well, this week I'm upping it to 1.5. I think I'll add a little bit each week until I get up to a 5k then I can work on cutting down my time.

One of my favorite shows on TV is The Biggest Loser. I always record it while I'm helping kids with homework and getting little ones to bed then when things calm down I'm able to sit down with a cup of Diet Hot Cocoa and enjoy their struggles and successes and gain inspiration. Today had been a very tiring day and I was so looking forward to the show. I forgot to set the record button but quickly got it going 15 minutes into the show. Finally at 9:40 I was able to stop what I was doing and enjoy my ME-time! I grabbed my hot cocoa, sat in the recliner, put it in the recline position, grabbed the remote control, turned on my dvr and clicked on The Biggest Loser. Ahhhh, this is the life, I thought, as I felt myself relax releasing the stress of the day. The stress quickly resurfaced when not Biggest Loser came on but the Baseball game. WHAT?!?!?! Somehow the game got recorded even though it showed the title Biggest Loser and it was NBC. ARGHHH. I needed some inspiration for the contestants. I'll have to look forward to watching it later this week on reruns.

Well, it's late now, I need to get to bed so I'll be able to get my kids up early for school. It's been a great week, I've met some great new friends and HUGE examples out in the blogging world. 4.2 lbs and counting...WooHoo!

2 comments:

  1. Good girl! Keep it up. :o)

    Enjoy some peace and quiet while your kids are at school! Would it be awful to say I can't wait until Tabitha is old enough to start school, even though I'll miss her like crazy during the day!

    Well done on increasing the walking. :o) Sorry TBL didn't record... We don't get it at all over here and I'm curious to see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping Crystal. I just emailed you her address. Please confirm that you got the email. I forgot to ask you that in the email.

    Thanks for helping this family. Wakan tanka nici unweyepo.

    ReplyDelete