My weigh-ins are on Monday. Obviously since I've dragged my feet with posting about the results they are nothing to shout about. My weigh in this week is a direct reflection of what I've done, nothing!!! I gained again this week, this time A LOT!!! I'm up 3.2 lbs. Here are my results since starting:
Starting Weight - 320.2
1st week(1/5/09)- 316
2nd week(1/12/09)- 312.8
3rd week(1/19/09)- 307
4th week(1/26/09)- 309.8
5th week(2/2/09) - 313
I'm heading in the wrong direction! For two weeks in a row I've put on weight. I've allowed life to bring back my old habits because those old habits are comfortable to me. When life got stressful (which it has been daily for me lately) I reached out for comfort and the comfort was found in reading (to much sitting time and no getting steps in), drifting away in the smooth, wonderful taste of chocolate, drinking doubles of my wonderful Hot Cocoa, and making my life easier with drive-thrus instead of homemade meals.
Somehow, somewhere I've got to change my mindset again. I've GOT to find the desire, motivation and drive to make the changes I need to REALLY get healthy. I can't keep slipping, I can't keep living my old habits they're killing me!!!
It looks like you hit the wall after week three. I do this too. I know I have this problem that I do well for the first month and then I crash and all bad habits come back. I think part of it is because I think about how much I have to lose and get discouraged. This time I'm just looking at ten pounds at a time. Ten pounds is doable for me.
ReplyDeleteToday is a new day. Turn it around! (hugs)
Just consider RIGHT NOW the new starting point. Take it one step at a time, one bite at a time. Two things that might help combat the fast food factor- a crock pot and a George Foreman grill. With the crock pot you can toss thjings in for a meal at night in the morning and it is ready when you come home at dinner. With the George Foreman grill you will have lean, healthy , tasty meats in 6 minutes from fridge to plate. Both of these have proven to be lifesavers for me ! The grill has worked so well to cook a chicken breast quick at lunch, slice it up and put it on a bed of salad greens. Easy, quick, super satisfying lunch !
ReplyDeleteOkay, Kiki - where do you go from here? I know gains are hard (believe me, I've had plenty), but just dust off and start anew. Don't look back, focus on what you really want for the future. You can do this!! Just take it ONE day at a time, and if that seems too stressful right now, then focus on one meal at a time. Try to make the best choices you can and eventually it will all come together for you again! Don't let this little gain derail you! You can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteFor me I had to create new "reach for comforts". As long as I thought of the old ways as "comforts" or" treats" it was hard to keep from turning to them or feeling a little deprived. I played that game for to many years. I have to admit there came health issues so now it is, just do it. If I had it to do again I'd wish to get it with out the health issue but cannot turn back the clock. As for slight setbacks that is all they are. When you realize it just turn it around and go on.
ReplyDeleteAlong with the good grill and crock pot ideas above I also make up soups and freeze them to pull out fast.
Knowing you want it is the first step, just keep coming back to it. You can do it.
I don't really have anything to add, everyone above me said it all. Each morning is a new day, just wake up and go from there. And put the bad days behind you and move on. Before long there will hopefully be more good days then bad days. I struggle after the "newness" of eating good has worn off too, but it will be so worth it in the long run.
ReplyDelete