Monday, March 2, 2009

Facing It and Beginning...AGAIN!

I'm ready to face, once again, the fact that I'm morbidly obese and HAVE to do something about it!

I was feeling discouraged, actually I still am, but I know I have to take action. I know my choices will either get me healthier or make me a little closer to an early earthly departure. I HAVE to do something and I HAVE to begin NOW!

Is my heart 100% in it? NO! Am I 100% completely motivated? NO! Do I WANT the end results? Whole Heartily, YES!!! So that's what I'm grasping onto, the results I envision.

Today is Dr. Seuss Day. My kids' school was doing a read-in along with "Donuts for Dads and Muffins for Moms" My 5th grader said, "Mom, are you going to have a muffin?" I told her no. She said, "Oh, are you back on your diet?" I actually told her that the doctor gave me three months to lose weight and that I needed to do it. I decided to just tell it like it is, I need their help, encouragement and understanding.

It was great to load up all my little ones plus our extra daycare cutie and walk to the school with the kids. It felt wonderful after being down for so long with my stupid leg. It's not quite 10 a.m. yet and I already have 5000 of my steps in.

I worry about the end, about reaching goal and keeping it off. But I can't let that hold me back I've got to take this one day at a time, probably like one minute at a time.

Thanks for the positive words of support and encouragement! It was so what I needed!

I'm changing my weigh-in days to Tuesdays. Just an FYI. After being down for so long and not weighing in last week I'm sure the numbers won't be great tomorrow. But I have to acknowledge the reality to move forward.

2 comments:

  1. Taking it one day at a time - even one minute at a time is what you have to do. It is honestly that simple. I KNOW where you are because I was there for half of my life, but let me tell you that it can happen. You can do this. You just have to forget about being morbidly obese. Do not even think about it at all. Set your goals for today and only focus on that. Do not think about losing X amount of pounds. It is too depressing to even comprehend in your current state.

    Only set your focus on today. You cannot do a dang thing about yesterday. You cannot do anything about tomorrow at all. You can do everything about today. Set your goal. Make your plan. Take a deep breath. Do all you can do within each minute and hour of today to make the right choices. At the end of the day you will feel a slight surge of confidence. Then guess what tomorrow is when you reach it? Today! Then repeat all the steps of yesterday. After a while it will become your routine and you will wonder why it was even hard to do in the first place. It honestly does get so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time, one minute at a time is a great way to tackle this. Don't get overwhelmed. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete