Monday, August 13, 2012

This is NOT a Joke!

This is MY LIFE!

I keep starting and stopping. When I stop I completely fall off the healthy lifestyle. Yes, this last pause I was able to pull off a Sprint Triathalon but truly, as long as you feel comfortable in the water, I think Anyone could do a Sprint Tri. I'm proud that I did it, glad to know I could do it but knowing how little I trained for it (from April on) it's really doable for all.

Sometimes I go through times that I JUST DON'T CARE about my health. Surprisingly I've cared more about my Peanut M&M's, my Mexican restaurants, my carb cravings being fulfilled with salty chips and white breat and my sugar (anything SWEET!)

When will I finally put ME first?! Not just mysefl first so I can have a few minutes to read. Not just me first so I can take a nap. Not just me first so I can take a stroll in the neighborhood and get some fresh air. When will I finally put ME first so I do NOT die?!!!

I have to stop this back and forth. I have to stop making the commitment to myself for only a two month period only to run quickly back to my friend (?) the Two Pound bag of Peanut M&M's.

The Sprint Triathalon was a good wake up call for me. Not only did I realize I was NO WHERE near where I had planned to be when I first contemplated the Tri back in January. (goal was 250. Instead of weighing that I had put back on most of my weight and did the Tri at 299.2). But seeing all these amazing fit women motivated me. One lady lapped me 4 times! Crazy! Several ladies did the swim in 8 min and did the 5k in 27 minutes (remember to throw in the bike portion in between the two)

These past few months I've been seeing a counselor. Someone to help me through life. Help me have a better marriage, steer my children better and how to be a better stronger me. My user name, Overhauling-Me, represents how I've felt for so long. It's just not a weight loss I'm looking for I'm aching for an all over wellness. I want to be physically healthy, spiritually healthy, mentally healthy and be a better organized, time manager mom/wife/ME.

I watched Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition last night. This episode hit home. She is the same age as me (45) and was fit at 23 (at 23 I was 170. Since I'm 6'0" that was a perfect weight for me). One difference is as a youth she never struggled with her weight. I did from the time I was 11 or 12. She said on the show, something like, I've been killing myself with a fork. That's me, not really a fork but definitely with food!

Today I'm getting serious again. My life is NO joking matter but that's how I've been treating it. It's 5:15pm and so far I've stayed on track and have walked 2 miles. Yay me! But it's not the one day that counts. It's the hundreds of "one days" that will make up a year, a decade, the rest of my life.

Krista

3 comments:

  1. So much self-reflection going on here! Love it! How's your day today so far?

    Wanted to let you know that I tagged you over on my blog for a wee little award :) Play along if you'd like but no obligation, of course! http://droppingtheplus.blogspot.com/2012/08/and-award-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old habits are hard to change, and it won't happen overnight. You will have good days, and bad days but have faith in yourself. You ARE worth it! Embrace the good days, and forgive yourself for the bad days. Nobody is perfect!

    Congrats on the Tri and best of luck, I know you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so get where your coming from. I too had to restart and recharge today. The kids are back in school, their sports schedule is crazy BUT all the more reason to take care of myself.My only phobia is the dentist and I just need to make the appointment. My teeth are in great need. Just remember the old saying... When mama is happy everyone is happy!!!

    ReplyDelete